Wednesday, November 13, 2013

52 Changes By Leo Babauta


Direct Download

My name is Leo Babauta. Many of you might know me as the creator of Zen Habits and someone who writes about simplicity and forming habits. 

What makes me qualified to write this book? In short, I’ve transformed my life using some simple principles. I’ve learned how to make changes and have fun doing them. I do little experiments, one or two a month, and I see what happens. I stick with the changes that feel good, and leave behind those that don’t work as well for me. !at’s what I suggest you do. 

In the last 7 years (since 2005), I’ve made uncountable small changes — and yes, small changes are what work best. I started running, eventually running a marathon at the end of 2006 and two more in the next couple years, along with a number of other races and triathlons and the like. I started eating healthier, and am now a vegan, and have lost about 70 lbs. 

I started waking earlier, meditating, learning to focus and stop procrastinating, paid o" a lot of debt, started saving and then investing, created a popular website, wrote several books and created some popular courses, started traveling, moved my wife and six kids to San Francisco from Guam (whew! that was a biggie), gave up our second vehicle on Guam and then went car-free when we moved to San Francisco, and on and on. 

I’ve made all the changes in this book at one time or another, though sometimes I have to revisit some of them. Yes, it’s OK to let some of them go when it feels best for you, and revisit them when you feel up to it. 

The changes in this book aren’t a way to improve your life. Let me stress that: this isn’t a self-improvement book. It’s an experimentation book. It’s a change lab. It’s a way to explore yourself, to figure out what works best for you, to get out of your comfort zone, to learn how to change, and to be OK with change. And that’s the most important thing: learning how to be OK with change. 

It’s about living life in a way that will give you the greatest fulfillment, will help you help the world, and to live more fully and in the present. 

I present 52 Changes, with gratitude to you for reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive